This search for meaning has become such a widespread trope, that more and more people report feeling lost and unfulfilled.
But how come according to Tao, purposelessness is a good thing, and according to most of us, lacking a sense of purpose can be a source of crippling anxiety?
In this 2-hour-long workshop, we will explore the following:
- How is purpose embedded in us biologically, psychologically, and culturally;
- What is the cause of the current 'Crisis of Meaning';
- Ways of finding your purpose that actually work (and why Ikigai or Simon Sinek's WHY exercise don't do the job);
- The biggest mistakes people do when purpose-searching;
- Ways of gamifying your quest for purpose.
Keywords for the curious: (eco) heroine's journey > hero's journey. How storytelling shaped cultures. What Plato and Alexander the Great can teach us about purpose. The dangers of post-modernism and existentialist nihilism. Finding purpose with help of nature. Mythos and imagination. Making your search for your calling a game, engaging your inner child. Somatics and purpose embodiment. Gene keys. Purpose-surfing.